So this year its me, 100 miles of Africa's Wildest Ultra, the Addo Elephant Trail Run, and YOU! Well, you don't have to run... you can just donate to these charities so that you'll also have endorphins (without the sleeplessness, the sweat, and the pain).
There are MANY worthwhile causes out there... and many worthwhile people and businesses. There are 4 registered, reputable charities for #RazeABar. And I am challenging my friends and business colleagues/owners to give to these notable community-based efforts.
For South African businesses there is the opportunity for tax certificates, etc. So get in touch to get your piece of paper and tax incentives! Donations can take place directly or through the backabuddy.co.za campaign I have created.
Donors will also have the chance to win pairs of socks from Balega as well as a few mystery prizes!
The goal for Addo is to raise R100,000... that is, R25,000 for each of the beneficiaries.
- 1000 individuals saying: "I'll pay you R1 per mile, or R100".
- Or 100 businesses saying we'll give you R10 per mile, R1000."
Here's the challenge: LIVE ADVENTURE have already pledged R20 per mile... Thank you, Sian and Sheena!
And then of course my employer, Cellucity, have pledged some mystery prizes! I specialize in our business products... so if you're a business and needing an opinion or assistance with setting up your communications from fibre to satellite and mobile/data solutions... get in touch, please :)
So... get donating and get in line to feel better, and change lives!
These are the charities...
- The Herald Christmas Cheer Fund is an outreach of the oldest daily newspaper in South Africa. One act of kindness changes a person's outlook, mood, and life. The Fund impacts close to 100,000 lives each Christmas...
- Rainbows & Smiles is run by volunteers who are hands on in their approach o fulfilling dreams and creating comfort for kids with cancer... when we don't have a choice, we always have love.
- One Land Love It supports anti-poaching initiatives for endangered African wildlife, especially rhinos! Unicorns are uncommon creatures and our legacy will be determined by how we act as a "family" to look after our wildlife inheritance.
- Community Veterinary Clinics support outreaches by vets all across South Africa enabling them to care for stray animals and pets of the poorest of the poor... nothing brings love like a dog!